Geometrics’ G-882 Marine Magnetometer is the leading marine system in the industry with 1000+ systems sold worldwide! The G-882 is the only system that meets the standards required for UXO clearance in the North Sea.
This very high-resolution Cesium vapor marine magnetometer is low in cost, small in size, and offers flexibility for professional surveys in shallow or deep water. Use your personal computer with our MagLog™ software to log, display and print GPS position and magnetic field data.
The system directly interfaces to all major side-scan manufacturers for tandem tow configurations. Being small and lightweight, it is easily deployed and operated by one person. Add several streamlined weight collars and the system can quickly weigh more than 100 lb. for deep-tow applications.
- Operating Principle: Self-oscillating split-beam Cesium vapor (non-radioactive).
- Operating Range: 20,000 to 100,000 nT.
- Operating Zones: The earth’s field vector should be at an angle greater than 10° from the sensor’s equator and greater than 6° away from the sensor’s long axis. Automatic hemisphere switching.
- Noise: <0.004 nT/ Hzrms. (SX (export) version: <0.02 nT/ Hzrms).
- Max Sample Rate: 20 Hz.
- Heading Error: < 1 nT (over entire 360° spin).
- Output: RS-232 at 1,200 to 19,200 Baud.
- Power: 24 to 32 VDC, 0.75 A at power-on and 0.5 A thereafter.